These new measures will be in force for the next month. They are sensible and necessary. Some we stated last week.
• Holy Water Stoops will remain empty for the time being.
• The sign of peace will be omitted at all Masses.
• Holy Communion will be given under one kind only and the SACRED HOST will be placed in your
HAND. For at least the next month HOLY COMMUNION should NOT be received on the tongue, since there is a danger of passing on the infection.
• Altar Servers are asked to wash their hands before and after Holy Mass – HAND SANITISER IS ALSO AVAILABLE.
• Ministers of the Eucharist are asked to wash their hands before and after Mass – (Say a prayer whilst washing your hands).
• Hand Sanitiser is available at strategic points in the Church for anyone to use.
• ALL OUR LENTEN SPECIAL DAYS due to be held in the Parish Centre have been cancelled.
• The Confirmation Program is now On-Line.
• Certain other gatherings have also been suspended.
• If you find that you have to SELF-ISOLATE – please let us know and Canon will phone you and pray with you and bless you over the phone.
• OUR MASSES WILL BE AVAILABLE ON-LINE – you will also be able to join in the Stations of the Cross.
• If you have a cold/flu symptoms please stay at home. Please cover a cough if in Church.
• Please carefully dispose of used tissues – BINS have been provided at strategic points in the Church.
The next couple of months are going to be challenging for our Country and for the NHS. Please continue to pray for all who are on the front line in fighting this virus. AND let’s keep each other wrapped in prayer.