Is your child ready to make their First Holy Communion? This Reflection might help.
Does your child sometimes:
- Want to join in the prayers at Mass?
- Look forward to meeting friends at Holy Mass?
- Try to listen to readings from Scripture at Mass?
- Ask questions about what communion tastes like?
- Talk about when they can take part?
- Join in actions at Mass and sing hymns?
- Want to know more about how we meet Jesus at Mass?
- Ask questions about why the communion host is special?
- Show eagerness about joining in?
- Value occasional moments of stillness and silence?
- Show love to family and friends?
- Exhibit a desire to deepen their love of Jesus?
- Like to meet Jesus in silent prayer at Adoration times?
- Keen to read holy stories about Jesus, Mary and the Saints?
- Do they seek your advice and ask for guidance in prayer?
- Show interest in becoming an Altar Server?
Can I remind you of what Pope Saint Pius X taught, he said "when a child is able to recognise that there is a distinction between the EUCHARIST and ordinary bread then preparation should begin". This has been backed up by every Pope since