- If you are aware of serious or mortal sin, make an Act of Perfect Contrition
- Imagine the sacred words and actions of the Mass or watch online or on TV.
- Make all those acts of faith, humility, sorrow, adoration, love and desire that you usually
express before Holy Communion.
- Desire, with earnest longing, to receive our Lord present – Body, Blood, soul and Divinity –
in the Blessed Sacrament,
- Say this prayer of St. Alphonsus de’ Ligouri: “My Jesus, I believe You are present in the
Blessed Sacrament. I love You above all things, and I desire You in my soul. Since I cannot now receive You sacramentally, come at least spiritually into my heart. As though You are already there, I embrace You and unite myself wholly to You; do not let me ever be separated from You, Amen.”
- After moments of silent adoration make all those acts of faith, humility, love, thanksgiving and offering that you usually express through prayers after Holy Communion.
The key to Spiritual Communion is to grow in your heart a constant desire for the Blessed Sacrament.