- Mary Whelan RIP (Thursday 5th August 12.15pm Requiem Mass)
- Mary Connolly RIP (Tuesday 17th August 9.30am Requiem Mass)
- Michael Scott RIP (Thursday 19th August 2pm Cremation)
As school breaks up for the summer, we wish Justin Dachtler - the Head, all teachers, office staff, helpers and children a restful few weeks after further months of living through this pandemic. Our thanks for their dedication and care to the education and wellbeing of our children at St Teresa’s Primary School. God Bless you all and happy summer holidays!
· To Father Matthew Donnelly and Father David Hunter, ordained priests for the Archdiocese on Saturday 17 July at St George’s Cathedral, Southwark
· To Rev Michael Etuka, Rev Joseph Gulliford and Rev Allan MacDonald, ordained deacons for the Archdiocese on 3 July a St John’s Seminary, Wonersh
· To Rev Sandeep (Sandy) Walter Misquitta, ordained to the diaconate on 19th June at St Edmund’s Church, Beckenham.
We welcome them very warmly to the Archdiocese.
The Archbishop’s Certificate (ArchCert) is an online course for all in Southwark who wish to know their Catholic faith more deeply.
Participants will take a two-year journey through the Church’s teaching to understand their faith in a more profound way and be able to share it with both confidence and joy.
The course will commence in October 2021 and the cost will be £365 per year. Registration must be completed in advance. Further details can be found here: https://aec.rcaos.org.uk/archcert.
Note: For previous courses we have suggested a sharing of the total cost between participant and parish, we suggest you may wish to consider this arrangement here.
A beautiful Requiem Mass was celebrated in the Catholic area of Garth Road Cemetery last Sunday. The weather was good to us, albeit a little warm. A good number of people attended to celebrate the Mass after which Canon Michael and Fr. Roshy blessed the graves of loved ones who lay at rest there, as lit candles and roses were laid at the graveside.
Lord, hear our prayers and be merciful to your children whom you have called from this life. Welcome them into the company of your saints, in the kingdom of light and peace.
Give them eternal rest, O Lord. And may your light shine on them forever.
May they rest in peace.
May their soul and all the souls of the faithful departed through the mercy of God rest in peace. Amen.