We would like to invite families to an important information meeting on Saturday 13th January 2024 at 9:30am in the church.
At this meeting, you will be able to pick up an application form if you wish your child to make their First Confession and First Holy Communion at St. Teresa’s church.
Children will make their First Holy Communion over two weekends in June. Dates will be confirmed at the meeting in January, as part of the First Communion Programme.
- If your child was baptized in St. Teresa’s church, we do not need a copy as it will be held on the parish system.
- If your child was baptised elsewhere we will need to see their original baptism certificate (before the programme starts) and a copy will be made upon submission of your child’s application form to the parish office.
- The cost of the programme is £15. Cash will be accepted, please make cheques payable to ‘St. Teresa’s Church’
- Each child will receive a book ‘I BELONG’, at their first meeting.
- Children need to bring their books to each meeting.
- Each meeting will last 60 minutes-9:30-10:30am.
- Due to safeguarding regulations, parents are expected to join the parents meeting in the parish centre while children are in the church. A register will be provided.
- Parents will join their children in church for the ending prayer/liturgy of the day.
We ask that you please complete and return your child’s application form to St. Teresa’s Parish Office by Tuesday 23rd January. We cannot accept any late applications.
The First Communion Programme will start on Saturday 27th January 2024 at 9:30am SHARP.
We look forward to meeting all families.
Canon Michael Scanlon